This Policy does not apply to information that you provide to, or is collected by, any third party whether through or in connection with your use of the Taper Services or otherwise, including information Users and Professionals may exchange between each other. Third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to inquire about before providing information to them. You agree and acknowledge that Taper has no duty or responsibility to maintain and safeguard any information you may provide to or is collected by any third party whether through or in connection with your use of the Taper Services or otherwise.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- Location Information. The Taper Services collect real-time information about the location of your device. If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the Taper App or otherwise access the Taper Services. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third party websites, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking).
- Device Information. We may collect information about your desktop or mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, device motion information, advertising identifiers, serial number, and also for mobile devices certain network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Transaction Information. We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promotional code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Call and SMS Data. Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Third Party Providers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information. When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
- Stored Information and Files. The Taper Services also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device.
- Other information: If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Third Party Provider or user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a User.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Taper Services and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single pixel gifs) that permit Taper, for example, to count users who have visited those pages (or opened an email) and for other related Taper Services statistics (for example, recording popularity of certain Taper App content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Taper Services, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third-party server provider, is active only while you are connected to the Taper Services, and is generally deactivated or deleted thereafter.
We use the information we collect from our Services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new services, and to protect Taper and our Users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads. We won’t share Users’ personal information with anyone except for the situations listed below or unless we specifically inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of our sharing your personal information.
We may share your personal information with.
- Authorized service providers. Our authorized service providers are companies that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include, but are not limited to, fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analyses, supporting the functionality of the Services, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features we offer. These service providers may have access to User’s personal information to the extent necessary to perform their functions, but we do not allow them to share or use any of your personal information for any other purpose.
- Business partners. We may share User’s personal information with the merchants offering the products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. We won’t share your personal information with these businesses unless you choose to participate in their offer or program. When you choose to engage in a particular offer or program, you authorize us to share your email address and other information with the relevant merchant.
- When you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our Services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Other Situations. We also may disclose your information.
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our Users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce the Terms of Service or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We will not share your personal data.
- To run interest-based advertising campaigns that collect personal data such as email addresses, telephone numbers, and credit card numbers.
- To use or associate personal data with remarketing lists, cookies, data feeds, or other anonymous identifiers.
- To use or associate targeting information, such as demographics or location, with any personal data collected from the ad or its landing page.
- To share any personal data with Google or third party companies through our remarketing tag or any product data feeds which might be associated with our ads.
- To send Google or third party companies precise location information without obtaining your consent.
The Website and our related Services are not intended for children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. Children aged 13 or older should not submit any personal information without the permission of their parents or guardians. By using the Website and our related Services, you are representing that you are at least 18.
When Users book services, the information they input is encrypted through SSL encryption. We do not store credit card information on our servers, and we use SSL encryption to protect your credit card information when it is transferred to our third-party payment processor.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access the Taper Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms generally is not completely secure. Please note that despite our efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Users who are California residents may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, certain information about the personal data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal data that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to email@example.com
If, at any time after registering, you change your mind about receiving information from us or about the use of information volunteered by you, please send us a request specifying your new choice. Please contact us as specified above.